When it comes to orthodontic treatment, many patients wonder, is it worth it? What results will I see? What are the benefits of orthodontic treatment? These are all perfectly normal questions.
Here are some answers. Braces can straighten teeth, close gaps, and correct spacing, resulting in a more comfortable, functional, and confident smile. While many assume that braces are primarily for improving appearance, that is only one of the many benefits of straight teeth.
Correctly aligned bite and spaced teeth can provide the following benefits:
- Alleviate unnecessary wear and grinding that can lead to TMJ, neck pain, or headaches.
- Prevent ineffective chewing and digestion problems.
- Form a dental profile that is less prone to tooth injury.
- Help those with speech impediments speak clearly.
- Improve oral health by helping create spaced teeth, making them easier to brush and floss.
- Lead to healthier gums, better prevention of cavities, and prevention against periodontal disease.
- Contribute to a positive self-image, which encourages effective dental hygienic habits that preserve your beautiful smile.
After your orthodontic treatment, you may need to wear a retainer. Made from acrylic or wire material, your dentist will take an impression, or mold, of your newly aligned teeth for a proper fit.
Wearing retainers after getting braces is essential for the overall health of your teeth. They will help you maintain teeth alignment for a long time.
The Myobrace® System is a preventive pre-orthodontic treatment that focuses on addressing the underlying causes of crooked teeth, often without the need for braces or extraction of teeth, unlocking natural growth and development. Myobraces works with a holistic approach and gives long-lasting results. Myobraces are not shaped and constructed like regular braces. Treatment is best suited to children aged 3 to 15 and involves using a series of removable intraoral appliances that are worn for one to two hours each day and overnight while sleeping. While it is suitable for a wide range of orthodontic issues, it is most effective in early childhood while the mouth is still developing.
Other Things You Should Know
If you live in the Plant City, Florida area, visit our team at Dental Associates at Walden Woods or call us at 813-752-3030 to make an appointment.